Amphiprion species make a wonderful addition to any reef system and are highly sought for their broadly recognised pattern, gregarious nature and mutual symbiotic relationship with a variety of anemone species.
Amphiprion ocellaris are known for their compatibility with:
- Entacmaea quadricolor – Bubble-tip Anemone
- Heteractis magnifica – Magnificent Sea Anemone
- Stichodactyla gigantea – Giant Carpet Anemone
- S. haddoni – Haddon’s Sea Anemone
- S. mertensii – Merten’s Carpet Anemone
Cohabitating A. ocellaris with any of these species will allow mutual protection from predation by other inhabitants and provide the anemone with an additional source of food.
This species is omnivorous and will happily consume most processed pellets their mouths can accommodate, though they will also predate upon zooplankton, copepods, and algae.
Our ocellaris are captive bred and quality controlled to ensure that no physical defects are present in any individual sold.